Our Privacy Commitment
Usage of your personal information
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
8. To enable SCCC to conduct our operations in a smooth and efficient manner, and to fulfil the above-mentioned Purposes, SCCC may also disclose the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-mentioned Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-mentioned Purposes.
9. SCCC respects the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us and we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that SCCC may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including but not limited to the following:
(a) Disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
(b) The purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
(c) Disclosure is necessary in responding to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
(d) Disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
(e) Personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of a written authorisation signed by an authorised officer of that law enforcement agency, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the agency;
(f) Disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or
(g) Where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or prevailing legislation.
10. Please note that the instances stated above are not exhaustive. For more information on the exceptions, please refer to the PDPA at https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PDPA2012. Where SCCC discloses your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data.
Access to and correction of your data
11. You have the right to be informed about how SCCC uses your data. You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request for access must be made to us in writing and is subject to the payment of any fees that we may prescribe.
Request to withdraw
12. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the use of your data by SCCC at any time. Please note, however, this may also mean that SCCC will no longer be able to offer you certain applicable services such as online booking or access to our benefits and privileges including exclusive invitations to our events and exhibitions and/or discounts.
13. You may request SCCC to delete the personal data we hold on you. To make a request for withdrawal, click ‘Unsubscribe’ or email us at email@example.com
14. SCCC uses reasonable precautions to protect your data within our organisation. However, please be aware that no method of data transmission over the internet or method of electronic/cloud storage is fully secure. While SCCC strives to protect the security of your information and should you feel the security of your data with us has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
Amendments to the Policy
15. SCCC may amend this Policy from time to time and will make available the updated Policy on our website. By continuing to access our website, social media platforms and mobile and/or tablet Apps, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended from time to time.
Governing Law and Submission to Jurisdiction
16. This Policy is governed by the prevailing legislation of Singapore and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
Our Contact Details
Correct as of 12 June 2018.